ads slot

Latest Posts:

THE YOUNG GHANAIAN MAN WITH A LOVE FOR WHAT NOT MANY MEN WOULD TURN INTO A PROFESSION...BAKING!

It’s refreshing standing next to my good friend and drummer Carl who’s part of this exciting and new venture. I remember seeing his memorable surname ‘Sackey’ associated with a new family business. Sackey’s Cakes is a 30-year family tradition which birthed from a mother’s love of baking for her family.



Hannah: How would you describe the inspiration behind these delicious cakes?

Carl: It’s something we’ve been doing for a while. My mother started baking from the age of 5. She was baking with a coal pot, with the fire and the wood back home in Ghana. Whenever there is a family occasion or party, we’re all guaranteed some cake. With every single birthday of mine and my siblings came a cake, and we can’t get enough of it. We love it in our house and always look forward to it.

H: Wow, impressive! I don’t mean to sound shocked, but it’s not very often you hear of a young Ghanaian man making cakes.

Carl: I love cooking, it’s in our family. My mum is a chef, so I get it from her. I love spending extra time in the kitchen. I could take like half an hour to even make an omelette. I’m a perfectionist, so I like things being perfect.

H: How would you describe this new venture, Sackey’s Cakes, in three words?

Carl: It’s amazing, challenging, and fun. You get to meet new people all the time! The fun aspect is feedback I get from people who taste the cakes too. A Brazilian lady who ate the cakes told me it reminded her of her grandmother’s cakes when she was little. For me, that meant a lot as it falls entirely in line with our core essence at Sackey’s Cakes. I became so excited when she said that!

H: Who does the dynamic team consist of?

Carl: Well it’s a massive team, from my mother baking, my brother Josiah who is in charge of accounts and operations, and being the founder I oversee everything ensuring things run smoothly and efficiently, such as the branding as I studied marketing. Muriel has helped with our social media a lot, and Ivy looks after the PR. Not to mention, the moral support of my sisters. We’re so thankful for other people who have also helped in driving this business.

H: As you know, June is summer in London and also a busy time of the year - what can we expect from Sackey’s Cakes this month and beyond?

Carl: Now we’re focusing on events; that’s where our strong passion is. As it gives us a chance to relate with people on a more personal level. There’s so much going on this summer - weddings, parties - I don’t want to say funerals but… *laughs*. We aim to be at every big event and festival out there. The ultimate goal is for Sackey’s Cakes to be in every household, the same way you’ll always see a loaf of bread in your bread bin.

H: Why should I taste Sackey’s Cakes?

Carl: Well there are lots of cakes out there. But with Sackey’s Cakes, it’s more than just a cake - it’s an experience that will take you back to your childhood. It’s about family, history, love and we look forward to you experiencing it.

If you’re interested in homemade cakes made with love and would like to support their journey, follow Sackey’s Cakes on Instagram and Facebook

You can also visit their website for more information - www.sackeyscakes.co.uk

If you like what you read, inspire and share this with your friends...

Subject - Carl Sackey
Writer - Hannah Ajala

Follow us: 


    


Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment